So, every year I do this silliness of publishing my goals. They are just a listing of things that I want to accomplish by the end of the year or be able to look back on at the end of the year. Some are big, that have been on my list for a while, some are small.
So, without a whole lot of preamble (which I know is not like me), here they are:
1. Take Liz to a non cycling vacation. You know, something like a beach or hike a mountain, or look at pengiuns or...
2. See Pearl Jam minimum of 3 times. They did announce a tour for 2016, so odds are pretty good that I can make this happen.
3. Ride Strada Bianchi citizen race. Not sure I can plan on the longer one, but the shorter should be fine.
4. Ride Whistler. I think Liz will will do this with me... It was actually my Christmas present from her.
5. Ride Fruita. This is probably an easy lob over the net, as it is already on the calendar.
6. Do a MTB trip with Lloyd in the Alps. I have made it the last years, but I do not want to miss it.
7. Wave at all cyclists that I see.
8. Drink more water. I should be drinking 116oz per day.
9. Get rid of all the junk in our basement. We made a good start, but damn there is alot of junk. I really want to get it to a family that needs it, or kids that need the games or just do something worthwhile with it. It is all just sitting in closets down there.
10. Get rid of junk in garage. Some of the stuff could go somewhere to someone who needs it more than me, but if alot of it could go it would at least make me feel better.
11. Do a Trek Travel trip.
12. Take Liz and girls to NYC Liz has been all over the world, but not to NYC.
13. Build 2 sets of sew up wheels for my CX bike.
14. Ride State Championship CX race
15. Ride National Championship CX race - maybe.
16. Ride Copper Harbor at least once.
17. Ride Marquette
18. Ride Duluth
19. Ride 3 MTB Enduro races (Spirit Mt., CH, and something in Colorado)
20. Ride 2 GNCC races
21. Ride 2 IXCR races
22. Ride Loose Moose Enduro
23. Go on trail ride trip with Pete Laubmeier
24. Build loop at cabin for MC training
25. Ride a race with Russel
26. Ride a race with Noah. I fear he has given up on me.
28. Read 5 personal books.
29. Read 3 professional books.
31. Find a good charity that I can align with.
32. Volunteer somewhere.
33. Preseason off-road training camp in late March before S. Carolina GNCC
34. Put together the plan to climb Kilimanjaro with Liz
35. Help Ali n Thomas with their house. Not sure what part they will take on this summer, but I hope to make a better showing this year than last year.
36. Finish Birkibiener ski race, did it last year but so far I am not feeling as ready.
37. Do more night rides.
38. Publish a dance video from traveling.
39. Build a 2 stroke. Maybe a 205XC. Hopefully I can give someones a try first.
40. Go to a World Cup DH race.
41. Go to a World Cup XC race.
42. Go to a WEC MTB Enduro
43. Go to Flanders and Roubaix pro race
44. Ride Flanders citizen race
45. Ride Roubaix citizen race
46. Go to a World Cup CX race.
47. Help to get a trail in from Nordic Ridge to the Camba trails
48. Outfit my truck to camp in the back.
49. Ride my MTB at a trail network that I have never ridden at before.
50. Visit Hanna and Adam at least 3 times this year.
51. Visit my father
52. Visit my mother in Arkansas
53. See my sister
54. Visit my brother in Dallas
We will see how I do. Stay tuned.