Here at Trek, we have a few big events that we all love. Things like the Trek 100, trail parties, the TDF, the Hullabaloo, the day the new phone book comes, when the new IPA is brewed at the ale asylum, burrito eating day (oh wait, isn't that meant to be a re-occurring holiday?), etc... But, one of the biggest of them all is #trekworld USA.
That is sort of self serving I know, saying that we at Trek love #trekworld, but hey...it is my blog. If you want, you can skip to the end now.
Since I already told you there are exactly 14.6 reasons that I love #trekworld, I will let you decide if this is the complete list or if they are prioritized in anyway. Other than that they have numbers in front of the description, I do not know what order they are in.
1. Bike demo. We basically turn our parking lot into a scene that is normally reserved for a world cup mountain bike race.
2. Huge party at my house on the day before the dealers arrive. We have done this every year for the past few years. If you are a Trek employee, probably one year or another you have been there. They are big, and can get a little rowdy. Hope no one ends up in the pool this year.
3. Athletes at Trek. Each year, we bring in a bunch of athletes to Trekworld. People from all different kind of racing. I could not get anyone from TWR, as they are at Mt. St. Anne DH world cup. But, we will have a bunch this year.
There will be some surprises for those paying attention. It will be fun.
4. New bikes. Do I really need to explain this? It is our big introduction event, we are bike company, we will show off some grooved new stuff. Trust me, I know these things. Here is an idea of what I am talking about.
Bikes are cool. They have only 2 wheels.
5. The Booth.
6. This year, the son of our european business manager is staying with us for the month. He has worked a bunch at Trekworld, and this is worth noting. I have not had a teenager around in a while, but I am getting the hang of it again.
7. Burrito's at lunch. We always have Qdoba cater during the demo. I hope they will be there again, and that I can get at least 6 burritos in during those days.
There are more reasons, exactly 7.6 -to be exact. But, I will make you wait for those. Every cat has 3 names, btw... their given name, their family name and another name that they will not tell you.