We are exactly T minus 4 days from the start of Trekworld. That title says it all. It is an exciting day. It is not the only exciting day in a year, but it is pretty much at the top of the heap. Along the way in the next days, I will be putting up a bunch more about what is going on with Trekworld. It is going to be really exciting days.
But there are a few other great days in the year. Some of them actually compare favorably with Trekworld, sadly - most do not.
- Christmas - Santa comes, you get to have wine before noon and feel good about it, wrapping paper, leg lamps, getting up early, falling asleep on the couch while in a food coma etc... Trekworld is 2.6X better than Christmas.
- The day the new phone book shows up in the mail. Just think about it, you are somebody on that day. That is the kind of spontaneous publication that makes people - btw. Trek world is 2.35X better than the day the new phone book shows up.
- The first day of the Tour de France. It is the greatest bike race there is, and is soon to be declared a global holiday, so that no one misses the racing action. The best days of the TDF are better than Trekworld, but only by 1.23X.
- My birthday. Most people want to celebrate it. Trekworld is 7.65X better than my birthday.
- Wednesday - It's hump day. Enough said. Wednesday is 1.08X better than Trekworld. Most really good things happen on a Wed.
- Just about any Sunday in April is a pretty exciting day. You get to watch the greatest races of all time. Flanders, Roubaix, Amstel, LBL etc... Fabian Cancellara will be shredding big time. Race days in April are exactly 3.47X better than Trekworld.
- Having a girlfriend/boyfriend is a pretty good day. Unfortunately, that pales compared to Trekworld. Trekworld is precisely 4.65X better than having a girlfriend/boyfriend.
- Winning an Olympic gold medal can be a pretty good day. But until you have been to Trekworld, you just cannot compare. Trekworld wins by 1.48X.
- Getting your drivers license when you are young is a pretty big deal. Lots of songs have been written about the day. The day helps you get to the girlfriend/boyfriend day. But realistically Trekworld is 2.79X better than getting your first drivers license.
I suspect that by now you are understanding that Trekworld is a pretty big day. You can keep your Worldcup, your wedding day, your birth of your first child, your trip to Disney World etc... Next time you win the lottery and are tempted to say "I'm going to Disney World", trust me - you know where you are going.
See you there.