You had to expect that we would do this. How could the world's greatest cyclist be without the world's flyest bike? The bike scientists we keep locked up in the back of our HQ here in Waterloo cooked up something special for Mr. Armstrong this holiday season. Here's how it went down:
- We took the 7th bike of the District Carbon production run off the line after it had been given the traditional District Carbon paint job.
- We then applied the same decal package that a normal District Carbon would get only with a few special yellow highlights.
- After the frame was complete we begged the guys at Gates to hook us up with a yellow belt to complete the package. They were more than willing to help out.
- It's always nice to throw a few special pieces on Lance's bikes which we can do if given the ample amount of time (i.e. if nobody steals his bike out of the back of a van)
- We buffed the sheen off the XXX Lite stem and XXX Lite flat bar and gave them a nice matte finish
- After that we chopped a few millimeters off the ends of the bars and threw on some super sweet Pauls break levers
One of our favorite custom jobs in a long time. Word is that LA was spotted with it in Miami but keep a weather eye on his Twitter feed to see where else it shows up.
Pics and more are available at our Facebook page! If you want to keep up on the inside, you'll be our friend. That's not a threat, it's a promise!